Surgery and Perfume?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Surgery and Perfume?

Postby Britina » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:48 pm

I just scheduled my pre-op and surgery today and I am so excited! This site has really helped me out with my decision and all of the questions that I've had...... except one. I remember reading somewhere that you can't wear perfume on the day of surgery because it goofs up the machine. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks!
Britina

Re: Surgery and Perfume?

Postby houstonman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:59 pm

Britina wrote:I just scheduled my pre-op and surgery today and I am so excited! This site has really helped me out with my decision and all of the questions that I've had...... except one. I remember reading somewhere that you can't wear perfume on the day of surgery because it goofs up the machine. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks!

yeah just dont wear it! when is the actual surgery?
houstonman

Postby Britina » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:05 pm

The pre-op is on the 24th of this month and the surgery is on the 24th of next month.

I can't even explain how much I'm looking forward to this! I've worn glasses since I was 10 and now I'm 24 so it's been a long long time!
Britina

Postby houstonman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:55 am

Britina wrote:The pre-op is on the 24th of this month and the surgery is on the 24th of next month.

I can't even explain how much I'm looking forward to this! I've worn glasses since I was 10 and now I'm 24 so it's been a long long time!

wow! im 23... my email is texasnewborn@hotmail.com

lets keep in touch on how it all goes.... mine Is on the 25th and im 23.... yeah I was 10 last time I was able to see.... how exciting, right? mannnnn I can not wait!
houstonman

LOL

Postby bathory313 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:34 am

You guys are really amped about this; I can certainly understand! I had mine done 6-22, and am happy with the results.

Yes, do not wear perfume, makeup, lotion, or anything with a scent. I was told it interferes with the laser itself....and that's the last thing you want messing up! Leave your jewelry off, and don't wear hair clips or bands.

I look forward to seeing your stories in "Just Had It"!
bathory313

Re: LOL

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:38 am

bathory313 wrote:Yes, do not wear perfume, makeup, lotion, or anything with a scent. I was told it interferes with the laser itself....

And don't forget to not use scented soap. The laser is light passing through the atmosphere between the laser head and the eye. Anything that is in the way, including perfume, can affect the laser.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It