Epi-Lasik

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Epi-Lasik

Postby arya6000 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 pm

Hello

I talked to my doctor that I would be more comfortable if I get PRK instead of Intralase, he was fine with it, and he told me that they would be using Epi-Lasik. I watched a video of Epi-Lasik its more scary than other PRK surgeries since a blade was used, and in the video it took 30 minutes, which is very long. And the patients eye was very very red after the surgery. Is the redness normal and will it all of it go away?

Is it normal for it to take about 30 minutes?

Should I get the Epi-Lasik or should I look for another kind of PRK?
arya6000

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 am

Several studies and moderated debates at ophthalmic meetings have shown that there is not long-term advantage of Epi-Lasik over PRK, and PRK does not require the use of a suction-affixed microkeratome.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby arya6000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:30 am

LasikExpert wrote:Several studies and moderated debates at ophthalmic meetings have shown that there is not long-term advantage of Epi-Lasik over PRK, and PRK does not require the use of a suction-affixed microkeratome.

I myself want to get PRK, but no mater how hard I try to find a doctor that actually does PRK, I can't find one. They all call Epi-Lasik PRK now. I live in the Toronto area Tornoto, ON Canada. Is there any way of finding a good doctor that still performs real PRK and not Epi-Laisk or Lesek? I would really appreciate it if you tell me how I can find one
arya6000

Return to Thinking About It