Custom Lasik

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Custom Lasik

Postby ellroy2 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 am

Went in for a prescreening today and am set to go next Thursday. Everything seemed to be in the normal range of things(pupil size, cornea thickness, etc.). My prescriptionis -1.50 in both eyes with slight astigmatism(-.25 i think). The doctor I decided to go with seemed like I'd be a slam dunk and that I really would be just fine going with the traditional lasik.

Would there be any real advantage to someone like me to go with custom lasik with wavefront or whatever? Should custom lasik be something I think about getting?

Also this doctor uses Bausch and Lomb laser. Do they make good ones?
ellroy2

Re: Custom Lasik

Postby JPD » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:28 am

ellroy2 wrote:Would there be any real advantage to someone like me to go with custom lasik with wavefront or whatever? Should custom lasik be something I think about getting?

Maybe. It really depends on your level of HOA's and your pupil size.

ellroy2 wrote:Also this doctor uses Bausch and Lomb laser. Do they make good ones?

It's probably the B&L Technolas, correct? Yes, the B&L is a good laser. It's one of the less common used lasers in the U.S. (Very popular in Europe I think), but it's still top of the line and equivalent to all the others on the market.
JPD

Return to Thinking About It