Best lasik machine for large pupil?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Best lasik machine for large pupil?

Postby noct » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:56 pm

My pupil's diluted to 7.5 mm max in dark, which is considered large by my optician. And I wanna find a laser that cover my pupil size to improve night vision.

I've been researching for 3 of the (seems to be) most popular laser around.

My question is:
A. Visx CustomVue can only have optical zone up to 6.5mm, and then 'bend to' 8mm. Does that mean it's inferior than the other 2, which can handle true optical zone up to 8mm?

B. Which one of the 3 do you think is the best?

1. Bauch & Lomb Zyoptix 217z100
OZ: 8mm ? not sure on this one

2. ALLEGRETTO WAVE EYE-Q (latest 400hz laser, not 200hz model)
OZ: 4.5mm to 8mm

3. VISX STAR 4 CustomVue
OZ: 6.5mm
bend to 8mm ????
noct

Postby lvziggy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:53 pm

N - I don't mean to sound rude, but instead of trying to figure out what equipment will work best for you, shouldn't you be trying to find the best surgeon who can figure out what equipment will work best for you? Isn't that the surgeon's job?

When I had my surgery (I had PRK) I was confident in knowing that my surgeon had considered all of the details of my eyes and then recommended what he thought would give me the best results. I couldn't even tell you what equipment he ended up using (although I do know that he has the very latest in technology), but I can tell you I have been very happy with my results.

~Alison
lvziggy

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:54 am

You need to read our article about Lasik and large pupils for more details, but you will have the lowest probability of night vision problems if the optical ablation zone (full correction) is equal to or larger than the size of your naturally dilated pupils in a low light environment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It