LAZEK and Santa Cruz area

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

LAZEK and Santa Cruz area

Postby saritayuri » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:41 pm

Hi!

This site is great... finally I feel I found a safe, reliable information source for vision correction surgery.

I've been wanting one for years. Here are a two questions I would like to ask.

One, I always thought PRK was my option. It just sounded better in the long run. Now I hear this LAZEK version, which is a modification of PRK (or so I read) Can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it costly? Is it less painful than PRK? Had anyone done it, and is willing to share your personal stories about it?

The other question I have is, who are the best doctors in the Santa Cruz area (where I will do my surgery). I am planning to go to the doctor this site refers to, but what are your recommendations? I would like a caring individual who I will feel safe to confined in.

Any input is much, much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

SY
saritayuri

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:06 am

It sounds like you are referring to LASEK, which is a modified version of PRK. Although LASEK is an appropriate surgical technique, several more recent studies have shown that PRK may have some slight advantages regarding more rapid vision recovery - but only a few days one way or the other.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby saritayuri » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks!

Do you know anything about the Santa Cruz area's LASIK doctors? They seem rather expensive though...

thanks again
saritayuri

Return to Thinking About It