Post Op check ups??

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Post Op check ups??

Postby travellingred » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:58 am

Hello everyone. Just wandering if a one day post op check up is mandatory? The reason I ask is that a company I have been evaluated by says the earliest check up is after one weekand then one, three and six months post op.

Thaks very much :)
travellingred

Postby lvziggy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:01 am

T - I don't know if it's mandatory, but I couldn't imagine having my eyes zapped with a laser and then the doctor not looking at them again for a whole week! I would want the dr. to check them the next day to make sure everything is as it should be. That's what my surgeon did. I went in the next day and then again 3 or 4 days later so he could see if the bandage contact was ready to come out.
lvziggy

Postby agent99bm » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:43 am

My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 29. I'll have a post-op visit the next day and again four days later. I can't imagine waiting a week either.

Barbara
agent99bm

Postby Remander » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:25 am

I'd check with some other Docs. I'd want (and had) frequent checks to ensure there are not complications.

If the place you talked to does not offer them, I'd be wary.
Remander

Return to Thinking About It