Natural Vision Correction System? Anyone tried?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Natural Vision Correction System? Anyone tried?

Postby amit2602 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Can it Really work? People saying it worked for them, should i try it befor thinking about lasik surgery?

Note: Edited for content.
amit2602

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:22 am

There are many "natural vision correction" systems. Most revolve around the Bates Method of eye exercises. There is no accepted scientific evidence that these systems will do more than accommodate around a very small refractive error.

Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) is a system of hard contact lenses that reshape the cornea to reduce the need for corrective lenses. In some case you can wear the hard contact lenses at night and not need lenses during the day. Ortho-K is most successful for small refractive errors and the effects do dissipate.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Thank you

Postby amit2602 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Thank you very much for your answer.

do you allow to post an info site i know about lasik? it has some great articles.

Amit
amit2602

Postby bviji04 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Couple of years back I did use the natural correction system to correct my eye power which went down quite a bit during the time I followed it (roughly a week). However, the exercises had to be dome like 4 hrs every day. I don't have that kind of time. My Myopia came back with a vengeance. It was worse than before
bviji04

Return to Thinking About It