Mono or Clarity

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Mono or Clarity

Postby Ron » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:11 pm

I have an appointment to have Lasic done on the 22nd of this month, two weeks from today.I am 52 years old and have been wearing glasses ever since 7th grade. My eyes are-1.50 -1.75 and just started wearing bifocals two years ago. The Dr recomends I go with Monovision I tryed the contacts and have no problem adjusting to it,I love riding my Harley and was wondering about the depth perception thing?
If I have them fixed for distance then I still will have to weare reading glasses.
He told me that if I do not like the Mono that they can redo that eye to distance. I am just up in the air about what way to go?? Any suggestions would be appricated.
Ron

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:07 pm

It seems that you have already answered your question by your experience in the monovision trial with contact lenses. If you were able to drive without problems, then it is likely that you will have the same experience if Lasik provides the target correction.

I highly recommend that monovision patients have a pair of glasses made that provide full distance correction. These can be used when superior distance vision and depth perception is required. Also, you can use a disposable contact lens in the undercorrected eye for temporary distance vision correction.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It