eye moisture & healing after surgery - goggles?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

eye moisture & healing after surgery - goggles?

Postby littletyger » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:00 am

I'm scheduled for Lasek surgery next Friday and I'm nervous. I feel just like I did before my wedding! I definitely want to do it, but it's scary because it's forever.

I've read that keeping the eyes moist after surgery is key to healing. Would it be a good idea to wear goggles like Tranquileyes in the days following the surgery to hold in as much moisture as possible? Apparently these goggles work great for people who have dry eye as a result of Lasik surgery. Perhaps if they were worn during the healing period after surgery that side effect could be avoided? Any thoughts?
littletyger

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:59 pm

I know of some Lasik patients who have used goggles to keep in moisture, however these have only been individuals who have been affected by severe Lasik related dry eyes. I do not know of anyone who has used goggles as a prophylactic. It seems like a bit of overkill. Preservative-free artificial tears during the early healing stages are normally all that is required, but goggles can be helpful if dry eye becomes a problem.

Talk to your surgeon about this.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It