Breastfeeding & Lasik

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Breastfeeding & Lasik

Postby SandyMomOf5 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 am

First let me say thank you for a great website. I've found loads of information and plan on visiting often!

My question involves breastfeeding and Lasik. I have searched and searched and I can find nothing that addresses my exact situation. I understand about pregnancy and breastfeeding being contraindications for Lasik. But what about someone who has been pregnant and / or breastfeeding for more than 10 years, and who currently nurses an almost-3-year old only once a day (for just a few minutes)? I honestly do not believe that my hormones are an issue. My prescription hasn't changed at all in the past couple of years, I never had any trouble wearing my contact lenses during or after any of my pregnancies, and my monthly cycles are quite regular. Is there any information about hormonal eye changes in a woman who nurses as little as I do?

I'd love to look more seriously into Lasik, and I hope that you can answer my question or direct me to someone who can. Thank you for any help you can give me.
SandyMomOf5

Return to Thinking About It