Please advice double vision on right eye

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Please advice double vision on right eye

Postby bhagyauoc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm

I am suffering double vision (or ghost vision) for 6 months. I am using spectacles for 15 months and I am a software developer. So I have to use computer 8-10 hours per day. Now I have double vision on my right eye and my doctor said it could happen due to my spectacles and it will vanished after few months.

So please response me anyone had similar symptoms and possible cure for it.

Thank you
bhagyauoc

Re: Please advice double vision on right eye

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:05 am

Please clarify what is meant by double vision in your right eye. Do you have double vision only if both eyes are open, or do you have double vision with your left eye closed and only your right eye open?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bhagyauoc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:52 am

Yes its only appears when the left eye closed and right eye is opened.
bhagyauoc

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:33 am

This is likely due to an irregularity in the cornea or the lens. The cornea is the clear front of the eye. The lens inside the eye. A change in shape of either can cause doubled vision.

The most common of these types of problems is regular corneal astigmatism. Corneal astigmatism means the cornea is not spherical like the top of a ball, but is elliptical like the back of a spoon. The "tip of the spoon" will focus light off center and can cause ghosting.
Corneal astigmatism tends to be worse in low light environments. Less common is lenticular astigmatism, which is when the lens within the eye is irregular in shape.

I suspect that the ghost vision is always present, even when you have both eyes open. With both eyes open, your other eye is able to provide good vision that "overpowers" the ghosting eye.

The ghosting you describe may also be cause by much more serious problems, such as inflammation, hemorrhage, or even tumors. There is probably no need to panic, but you need to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist (medical eye doctor who is also able to do surgery) to determine what is wrong and what treatment plan is best. You may simply need glasses that resolve the astigmatism, medication to reduce inflammation, or a more aggressive treatment.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bhagyauoc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:01 am

Thank you very much for the reply. I would like to know computer usage is affect to such problem ? or is it the reason for this ?
bhagyauoc

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:54 am

Dry eyes could cause or exacerbate the problem and extensive computer usage commonly contributes to dry eyes.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It