Time between analysis and surgery

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Time between analysis and surgery

Postby indiechief » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:50 am

Assuming all goes well with my analysis is there any reason Lasik cannot be performed two days after? I was assured this would be ok, just curious to get a another opinion.
indiechief

Re: Time between analysis and surgery

Postby indiechief » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Another question: ICL vs. Lasik. I'm 39, my eyes are very dry, that could be from wearing contacts for the last 25 years. I'm a little worried about the dryness post-Lasik, so wondering if ICL could be a good alternative.
indiechief

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:44 am

There is no medical reason to wait after a complete evaluation, assuming the evaluation shows that all is well.

The implantable collamer lens (ICL) is probably not ideal for someone age 39 as the primary advantage of the ICL over Lasik would be lost as you develop presbyopia. See the linked article.

You need to treat the dry eyes first, then consider refractive surgery.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby PRKorIntacs » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 am

What's your prescription now? I do agree with LasikExpert, get your dry eyes treated first. You will want to be out of contacts and in glasses for at least a month to let your eyes rest. Lasik is known for making dry eyes worse. I am choosing PRK myself and am asking to be a -1 to -1.5 in both eyes to keep me out of reading glasses and reduce the risk of overcorrection. If you choose to be plano, you will need reading glasses now or very soon. If you have a high prescription and want a full correction to plano, you could ask about IOLs.
PRKorIntacs

Return to Thinking About It