Can I go thruogh Lasik ?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Can I go thruogh Lasik ?

Postby joetraff » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 pm

I have eye problem and the power is minus 1. Wearing glasses is the last thing I would like to do. So is it possible to get rid of my eye problem via Lasik ? What will be the cost ? Is there any cost effective way to do it ?
joetraff

Re: Can I go thruogh Lasik ?

Postby Paul » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am

From the limited information you provide, it might be very possible.

As far as I know, consultations are free of charge (mine was) and completely without obligation. The most important thing to know is if your eyes are suitable and the only way to do that is have a pro look at them.

You can decide whether to go ahead later.
Paul

Postby browneyedgirl70 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:13 pm

In my experience different places have different policies on what they charge for consultations. I had a free brief evaluation at one place. Another place charged $165 for an in-depth evaluation, but by reading FAR into their website information I had found that they would do it for half of that, so I only paid $80. A third place did an even longer full evaluation for no charge. That is the place I ended up going with. So I am sure you could probably find one or more places to do at least an initial consultation free of charge, and more than one opinion is always good in making a decision as big as this one.
browneyedgirl70

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:27 pm

joetraff wrote:I have eye problem and the power is minus 1. Wearing glasses is the last thing I would like to do. So is it possible to get rid of my eye problem via Lasik ? What will be the cost ? Is there any cost effective way to do it ?

Your prescription is well within the treatable range for Lasik. See our article about Lasik cost.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby eagle eye » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:58 pm

The price definitely ranges for lasik, even getting up to $2,000. And you should definitely confirm that the price is for both eyes, and not per eye.
eagle eye

Postby dan1966 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 am

I would recommend not going through with Lasik unless you are prepared to deal with a less than optimum outcome. Based on what I had read, I believed that there was less than a 1% chance of dissatisfaction and I was willing to accept those statistics. There may have been a 1% chance but if you are a member of that 1% you will be 100% dissatisfied. I think the statistics are inaccurate, anyway. When the foxes are guarding the hen house, so to speak, it's hard to get an objective, accurate assessment of the likelihood of Lasik success.

Once a mistake has occurred, it may be possible to correct it, but it may not. I was called an ideal candidate. I had mild myopia in both eyes, moderate astigmatism in my right eye and.............I've grown tired of this. I usually do when I write something that seems tedious. As I stare at the computer screen from a seriously screwed up left eye, I am filled with rage that seeks an outlet. What that outlet will be is hard to figure at this point. I will probably internalize it as I usually do and die a little bit more every day in every way.

When I look through a hole I have created with my curled index finger, what I am looking at on the computer screen becomes bolder and clearer. I believe that is the kind of correction that should have resulted from the LASIK SURGERY, itself!! Thank doc. For nothing.
dan1966

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:00 pm

The 1% serious complication rate has been utilized for many years, however a much more detailed look at Lasik results that may be valuable to consider.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It