Finding a surgeon in the UK

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Finding a surgeon in the UK

Postby ashcat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 am

I am British, live in the UK and am seeking a LASIK surgeon there, but cannot find an equivalent to your screening of US doctors for the UK. Does USA Eyes cover UK doctors (I assume not), or do you know of an equivalent service in the UK?

Currently I am considering a doctor at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London (his initials are DG - not sure if I'm supposed to refer to specific doctors here!) who has had some good reviews on various websites and seems experienced. I know about your 50 difficult questions, but would like to know if there are more in depth reviews anywhere.

Thanks.
ashcat

Re: Finding a surgeon in the UK

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:56 am

You are correct that we do not have a certification program for the UK and that there is no other organization that provides a similar service. We do limit the names of doctors on our website, however if you check your email you will see that I have suggested you consider, along with the Moorfields surgeon.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It