c3-r/intacts/lasik

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

c3-r/intacts/lasik

Postby thekamikaze » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:49 am

hi im 20, have keratoconus t early stage. Discovered when i was going to see if i would be eligible for LASIK.

I'm Considering c3-r since i don't tolerate lenses and cant see with glases very clear.
My miope is around -4.00.

is there a way i can't see without glasses and make more than one treatment? like c3-r and lasik

Plus where is this c3-r treatment available (if any in Puerto Rico, florida or any east coast region)

doing research only found one on cali.
thekamikaze

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:20 am

It is a pity that you have keratoconus, but it is fortunate that this was determined before having Lasik. All laser eye surgery techniques that remove corneal tissue can exacerbate keratoconus.

There is only one doctor in the US who performs Corneal Collagen Crosslinking with Riboflavin (C3-R). He is in Beverly Hills. Most C3-R research is being done in Germany and Switzerland. If you have not already, be sure to read our article on C3-R.

You should look seriously at Intacs. They can correct most of your myopia, some of your astigmatism related to keratoconus, and apparently slow the progression of keratoconus - although no one is certain why. See our article about Intacs.

It is possible to have both Intacs and C3-R. The Beverly Hills surgeon does both.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby thekamikaze » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Yeah was lucky i guess =).

Already read the info and visited Boxer's website. they already contacted me and currently on the collections of my records to send a copy for his pre-quilifications to surgery.

I know Intacts are covered by medical plans how bout c3-r ?
thekamikaze

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 pm

I don't know if any insurance plans cover C3-R. This is something the doctor's staff may be able to help you determine and help you get at least some coverage.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It