Monovision and glasses

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Monovision and glasses

Postby daf999999 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:43 am

My understanding is that for most/some people the brain adapts to monovision over time. How is that impacted by sometimes wearing glasses (either reading or distance) at certain times? If you have monovision and then wear distance glasses for night driving (one lens correcting monovision eye for distance, one lens blank) does that disrupt your "brain training" How about use of reading glasses for the dominant/distance eye when spening a lot of time reading?
Thanks
daf999999

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:45 am

A part of the brain training is training the brain to adapt to the changes. It is common to have a pair of glasses that will provide a monovision patient full distance correction to use when driving. I have a pair of reading glasses that give me balanced near vision for extensive reading. The brain needs to learn how to adapt to the changes from full distance to monovision to full near.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It