lasik v wavefront surgery

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

lasik v wavefront surgery

Postby aubreym » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:10 pm

hi all,
I am thinking about getting surgery on my left eye soon. My pupil was measured at 7mm & my cylinder = -2.25 during a recent consultation. the place said that wavefront was an option but another eye laser site recommends that wavefront is only necessary in extreme cases. as my prescription is only -2.25, is wavefront really necessary for me or would i get all the usual benefits just from using lasik treatment,

thanks,
aubreym
aubreym

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:54 pm

We have a detailed article about Custom Wavefront Lasik that you may fine helpful.

Only after a wavefront diagnostic can anyone know if wavefront-guided Lasik is necessary, preferred, or not very important. It is true that those with low refractive error do well with conventional laser ablation, it is also true that even those with a low prescritpion have elevated aberrations that would do best with wavefront-guided.

A concern may be the optical ablation zone (full treatment) size and the size of your naturally dilatee pupils. You will also want to read our article on Lasik Pupil Size issues. Custom wavefront-guided optical ablation zone is limited to about 6.0mm.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It