High astigmatism

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

High astigmatism

Postby Fnunes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:28 am

Hello to all of you, please apologise for my english, i`ll try to explain myself the best way i can.
So i`ll have lasik surgery on 27-4-2007, my surgeon has already operated some persons of my family and it all went well for all of them, so ofcourse it boosted my confidence about him. But in my personnal case i have a concern, wich is my astigmatism, that i believe it`s very high. OD -1.00 +3.50 OS -1.50 +1.25 .What should be my honest expectations about my right eye ? Thank you for reading and good luck for all of you.
Fnunes

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 am

Current technology is able to correct your astigmatism. Your astigmatism it is high. Your astigmatism is high compared to your myopia (nearsighted, shortsighted) vision. Correcting your astigmatism will be a greater challenge, but is possible.

You need to discuss your concerns with your doctor. Lasik is elective surgery. You can wait to make this decision if you are very worried.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Fnunes » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Thank you Mr. Glenn for your answer. I did the surgery and I`ll post in the other thread.
Fnunes

Return to Thinking About It