Can wavefront lasik reduce RK induced astigmatism?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Can wavefront lasik reduce RK induced astigmatism?

Postby erickmui » Mon May 14, 2007 9:00 pm

I had RK done on my eyes in 1992, before the surgury the prescirtion on both eyes were about 20/400 with no astigmatism. After the surgury the result for the left eye was 20/20, 20/25 for the right eye, however, about 2 months later both eyes began to have astigmatism. Over the years the near sightness regresses and the astigmatism has gotten worsen. Last Septemper my eye doctor said the right eye is 20/150 and the astigmatism is -3.75! My question is if wavefront lasik can reduce the astigmatism, if not totally eliminates it. If not, is there any other surgical procedure out there that I can find help?
erickmui

Postby LasikExpert » Tue May 15, 2007 2:40 am

It is possible that Lasik or PRK enhancement surgery can reduce or eliminate the irregularities in your cornea from the prior RK, however whether or not wavefront-guided ablation would be better than convention ablation is something that can only be determined after a comprehensive examination by a competent doctor.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It