Halo Statistics?

If you are thinking about having Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL eye surgery, this is the forum to research your concerns or ask your questions.

Halo Statistics?

Postby CJ » Thu May 24, 2007 3:01 am

Hello,

I am in the middle of consultations for PRK or Lasik, but I'm very concerned about halos. I've done a lot of research on the net, and it seems like a very common complication. I can't have this happen being that I am in the medical profession and was wondering why I can't find any actual statistics on how many people-percentage wise-get stuck with permanent halos?

Can anyone shed any light on the subject for me?

Thanks so much!
CJ
CJ

Postby LasikExpert » Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 am

Approximately 3% of patients have an unresolved complication of any kind at six months postop. To research only halos, you may want to look at the FDA approval letters for the different lasers or research PubMed. You should also read our article about Lasik night vision issues.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Thu May 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Thank-you for your time, I appreciate your help and the answer cleared a few things up, I will do some extra research.

Maybe thinking of ICL also.

CJ
CJ

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 30, 2007 10:51 pm

The Visian ICL may be appropriate if you are not presbyopic (well under age 40), your myopia is high, you have virtually no astigmatism, you have ample anterior chamber depth, and your endothelial cell count is high enough to withstand the accellerated reduction caused by a phakic intraocular lens (P-IOL).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Thinking About It