Enhancement to fix halos/starburst

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Enhancement to fix halos/starburst

Postby jonward » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:44 am

My prescription was -4.25 in both eyes and my pupil sizes are 7.3 and 7.6mm. I had lasik about a month ago and still have significant halos and starbursts during the day and of course at night they are really bad. My surgeon used the VISX S4 customvue on me. He also has an Allegretto Wave on site. I'm reading that my large pupils have likely caused the halos and starbursts. The VISX has a optical zone to only 6mm while the Allegretto has an optical zone to 9mm. I'm wondering why my surgeon didn't use the Allegretto on my large pupils. The VISX doesn't treat the size of my pupils. Can I have an enhancement with the Allegretto laser to fix the halos and starbursts? Money isn't really an issue because it is really important to see at night.
jonward

Re: Enhancement to fix halos/starburst

Postby michaelscai » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 am

I would wait at least 3-6 months, how do you know your eyes don't get better by itself, it's better to wait than aggravate your eyes unless necessary.
michaelscai

Postby AMA » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:38 pm

I have this problem and I the docotrs downplay the pupil size. The screening for this procedure needs to be stricter.
AMA

Postby jonward » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 am

My problem is related to pupil size because because from the first week, when I turn on the inside car lights at night, the halos and starbursts go away instantly. Why would a doctor use the VISX over the Wavelight if he has both and I don't have HOAs? Is it cheaper for him to use the older laser?
jonward

Postby jazzy_jeff_1986 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

How are you now? I have also serious problem with night and dim light vision. Tommorow it will be 3 years after my LASEK procedure. A had also 6 mm ablation zone and the machine was Carl Zeiss MEL-70. I am working at a building as an engineer and my dim light wision makes me sick. If I am in well lighted room everything is ok, but when I have to go to a darker area (unfortunately this very often) my vision is much worse. I hate it, because I know I am o worse engineer because of my vision problems. I am thinking how to solve this problem many times every day. It is like a obsession for me lately. I have been emailing with some English doctor who did many enhacenments to help people with night vision problems. He thinks that my problem is becouse of my to small ablation zone. But he cannot guarantee me that my vision will be good after 2nd procedure. Another thing is money. He told me that they charge 2500 pounds per eye for "complicated re-treatment" which is really much for me. Completely don't know what to do. If I would decide to do re-treatment it would be definetely only one eye at a time. But still I would be off work at least 2 weeks. If anyone has/had similar experience and could give any advice I would be very grateful.
jazzy_jeff_1986

Postby cemong » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:12 am

i guess this forum is no longer active...no one posts since 2014 anymore ?
cemong

Return to Just Had It