Red Light..Stop, Blue Light..Go?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Red Light..Stop, Blue Light..Go?

Postby joel51 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had this experience. Since my Lasik surgery, 17 days ago, my left eye has not been able to focus on anything and my right eye is doing all of the work. I feel confident that this will resolve itself once the healing is complete.

So for 17 days my left eye has not been able to focus on anything, until last night. Last night I went up stairs to the guest bedroom and when I entered the dark room (lit only by a small hall light) I just happened to glance at the alarm clock across the room. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but after I took a second look I noticed that my right eye couldn’t make out the numbers but my left eye saw the numbers very clear and in focus. The picture above the clock and everything else around it was blurry but the clock numbers were as sharp as could be. The numbers on the clock were emitted with a blue light.

I thought I’d try this with the alarm clock on my wife’s two thirds of the bed but the numbers were blurry to my left eye. Again the room was poorly lit but this time the numbers were in red.

I was beginning to think that I was dreaming but when I walked into my living room I noticed that I could read the blue numbers on my Bose with my left eye very clearly.

Is there some reason why my left, that can’t focus on anything, can suddenly focus on numbers that are emitted in blue light in a dimly lit room or is it time for me to call the men in white?

Thanks

Joel51
joel51

Return to Just Had It