Regression?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Regression?

Postby berkeley1974 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:32 am

Hi--
Had my all laser lasik 10 days ago. I am having a number of the (apparently typical) post-op issues--blurry up close, dry eyes (I drown them in drops), eyestrain after staring at the computer, and what I take to be convergence issues at mid-ranges. All these I can deal with and expect them to clear up soon.
However, one troubling thing I noticed today. The day after the procedure I was 20/15 in each eye. Today though I am noticing that things I could see clearly at a distance last week now appear blurry. I don't have my 2d post op appt till Wed I don't know what the vision is exactly, but it is clear to me that it has regressed some distance wise. Now this is still way better than before when I was as blind as a bat without glasses, but I am concerned that (a) this will get worse and/or (b) not get better. I don't want to end up getting an enhancement or needed glasses for distance again.
Question--how normal is such regression and can it improve on its own (and if so how soon after could I expect that to occur)? I am 33 and was (I hope past tense will remain appropriate) nearsighted (I could not see distance but up close was no problem).
Anyone has any advice? Lasik expert please put my mind at ease!!
berkeley1974

LOL

Postby bathory313 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:33 am

I'm no expert.......but I went through that regression too; due to the dry eye. My doc gave me something heavy-duty for night time; and I made a few other changes as well (no fan blowing on the face at night, got a humidifier for the bedroom) I also started taking flax oil and borage; but understand those are herbal medicines and you need to ASK YOUR DOCTOR before doing anything. I found relief in Similisan eyedrops; but again ASK YOUR DOC. I'm not making recommendations; I'm just saying what worked for me. Air-conditioning (house or car) plays murder on my eyes, and simply walking without shades on can bring it on bad, too.

I am 17 days post-surgery; and my vision is of course, still fluctuating (NORMAL!!!!) My vision went from 20/15 1-day post to 20/40 and 20/50 1=week post simply because of the extreme dry eye. My next exam is the 23rd; and I feel that my vision is back to 20/25 or very near it. When the eyes get dry it's not so great.

Like you, I was "blind as a bat" before LASIK~20/300 and 20/400. Still, I am very happy with the results so far!!!!!!!!

I hope I've eased your mind a bit!
bathory313

Re: LOL

Postby berkeley1974 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm

thanks for the response, I'm going to see my doc wed and see what she says, as long as there is a chance I can get back to where I was distance wise 1 day post-op I feel better
berkeley1974

Return to Just Had It