Regression after going off drops

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby Ol Blue Eyes » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:36 pm

I had Customvue Lasik on July 5th. The next day I was 20/20. My plugs kept falling out and they had to put them back in twice and then put a permanent one in my right eye to keep it there.

One week after the treatment my eyes dropped from 20/20 to 20/40 in my left eye and 20/60 in my right eye. It seemed to coincide with the same time I went off the anitbiotics and steroid drops. Now I read that steroid drops work to stop regression and you should be weaned off the drops rather than cold turkey after 5 days like my doctors assistant said. My question is - can I just start taking whats left of the steroid drops to stop anymore regression or is there a danger to these drops and that is why they only have you on it for a short time? Again, my eyesight dropping badly seemed to be right after going off the drops.
Ol Blue Eyes

Postby berkeley1974 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:35 am

Call your doc tomorrow and ask whether you should go back on the drops. They are perscription medicine and you should not just decide on your own to use them; plus they can have adverse effects if taken for too long.
berkeley1974

Postby lvziggy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Blue -

Definitely call you doctor about starting the steroid drops again.

Just fyi, while I was supposed to still be using my steroid drops I got sick and went into the hospital where the last thing I was thinking about was eyedrops. I was off the drops for a couple of weeks, but when I told my doctor about it he said to start using them again, so that doesn't seem to be a problem.

I think for you tho, your doctor should tell you if that's what is right for you.

~Alison
lvziggy

Postby Ol Blue Eyes » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:31 pm

Thank you for your advice - I tend to do things before thinking when I am in a panic - I hope that regression is a normal part of the healing and will still fluctuate. Has anyone had a big regression and then came back from it or should I conclude that I may have to have a re-do which scares me because it's one more chance to mess up my eyes.

Blue
Ol Blue Eyes

Return to Just Had It