Sweet! I rode a bike in the rain....

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Sweet! I rode a bike in the rain....

Postby charles.robinson » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:39 pm

...and I could SEE!

Thunderstorms rolled through Mpls/St. Paul as the work day was ending. I decided to "go for it" rather than taking a two-hour bus ride and then having to come back and get my bike some other day.

It used to be a constant issue of shaking the drops off of my glasses in order to see anything when i was out in the rain. Now, (at least with my 3-weeks-healed LASEK left eye - the right eye is still "in the works" for healing) I could see just fine all the way home, despite quite a downpour coming down for half of the 13-mile ride.

THIS is why I had my eyes done. Not because the vision is necessarily sharper than with glasses.... but because it's sharper REGARDLESS of the environmental conditions. I can hardly wait to go outside in 10-below weather and come back in without my glasses frosting up!

-Charles
charles.robinson

Postby bathory313 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 am

LOL, great story!

Yes, it's the little victories that former glasses-wearers enjoy the most, I think. I love waking up and being able to see the clock. I love wearing sunglasses. I love getting in the shower and actually being able to SEE the legs that I'm shaving.

:D
bathory313

Postby lvziggy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:53 pm

I can so relate. Its the little things I think we all don't appreciate until we don't have to worry about glasses. I'm looking forward to going camping without having to worry about where to put my glasses in the tent at night so that I don't step on them or roll over on them. Or worry about finding them in the morning!

The only thing about the shower is that now I can see the grunge building up!

~Alison
lvziggy

Return to Just Had It