Glasses at 3 months post op

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Glasses at 3 months post op

Postby tawny » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Had wavefront lasik 3 months ago, vision is 20/30 20/40. Vision is good in bright lights but blurry when it is dark and cloudy, night time and in flourescent lights. doctor said because there is still some prescription left and glasses will correct that. so I got eye glasses last night this is temporary until I can have an enhancement at 6 months and what a huge difference, I can see crystal clear at night time and in the grocery store. BUT, the the car lights still had huge halos and starburst. so my question is

How long does it take for night vision problems like halo's and starbursts to go away? up to 6 months? or can it even be longer? When should I start accepting it to be permanent?
tawny

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:37 pm

For purposes of reporting patient outcomes, we consider any unresolved problem unresolved problem at six months postop to be permament, however many problems, such as lingering dry eye or night vision difficulties, may resolve later.

If you have read our article about Lasik and pupil size issues, then you will have a good understanding of what may be the problem. If you have enhancement surgery to resolve the residual refractive error, it is possible that the night vision will improve. This is something you will need to discuss with your surgeon.

If contact lenses improve your vision more than glasses and resolve the night vision issues, then the probability that enhancement surgery can resolve them permanently is elevated.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It