Had lasik on Friday, July 27th...few questions.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had lasik on Friday, July 27th...few questions.

Postby polskadan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:02 am

Hi all I am a 20 year old and just recently got lasik done on both of my eyes (I was a -4.00 in both) I just have a few questions on some things that are weird to me.

1. Fluctuating vision.

I know that during the healing process my vision will fluctuate but to what extreme? When I wakeup in the morning my vision is cloudy and blurry but throughout the day it continues to get better as I put the eyedrops in. I think maybe this is because my eyes get really dry when I sleep and it kind of regresses the healing caused by the previous day...or is it something else?

2. Also I still can't read words that well it hard to focus, which is normal but what is weird is that after I put in the tear drops for a few seconds I can see amazing, but once I blink a few times and the tears go away my vision returns to the hazy stuff. When my eyes completely heal should I expect to see as clear as I do now immediatly after I put eye drops in??

3. Last question, sometimes when my vision is hazy I can blink it away and also can blink it back into haziness....is this normal?? And at what point of the recovery process should the haziness go away?

Thankyou all very much ahead of time.
polskadan

Postby Borderline » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:32 am

I had LASIK 1 week before you did. A Lot of what you are experiencing sounds the same as what I noticed the first week.

#1 This is similiar to my eyes in the morning. I wake up and they are much more dry than throughout the day. Things are not completely crisp and clear until I put some artificial tears in.

#2 My pupils stayed dialated for a full three days. This made my up close vision blurry. As soon as the dialation wore off my vision up close became crisp. I was paranoid about the amount of time it took to become crisp and clear upclose. The clearing up after drops part, does sound like dry eye to me. This would also correspond with the blurriness in the morning.

#3 I'm not really sure about this. it sounds like you are blinking and that is adding moisture to your eyes so the haziness is gone. then the moisture goes away and it becomes hazy again. It sounds like dry eye again, but Glen would be the person to answer all of your questions with much better answers than I can give.

Overall it sounds like you are experiencing normal healing/dry eye issues. Did you ask your doctor about this at the one day post op?
Borderline

Postby KatieHal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:03 pm

I have the same things goin on that you mention in #1. I had my procedure on July 19th.

For night, I use Refresh PM ointment to keep my eyes more moisturized and it's been working well--you may want to ask your doc about using that.

My blurriness factor also fluctuates, though it seems to crop up most often during the day while I'm at work. Maybe because I'm at a computer more or something? I'm not sure. I plan to ask about it at my next follow-up.
KatieHal

Postby polskadan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:54 pm

[quote="Borderline"]I had LASIK 1 week before you did. A Lot of what you are experiencing sounds the same as what I noticed the first week.

#1 This is similiar to my eyes in the morning. I wake up and they are much more dry than throughout the day. Things are not completely crisp and clear until I put some artificial tears in.

#2 My pupils stayed dialated for a full three days. This made my up close vision blurry. As soon as the dialation wore off my vision up close became crisp. I was paranoid about the amount of time it took to become crisp and clear upclose. The clearing up after drops part, does sound like dry eye to me. This would also correspond with the blurriness in the morning.

#3 I'm not really sure about this. it sounds like you are blinking and that is adding moisture to your eyes so the haziness is gone. then the moisture goes away and it becomes hazy again. It sounds like dry eye again, but Glen would be the person to answer all of your questions with much better answers than I can give.

Overall it sounds like you are experiencing normal healing/dry eye issues. Did you ask your doctor about this at the one day post op?[/quote]

well i told him my symptoms and he says all of this is normal. But i'm just hoping that I can see permanently the same way that I see right after eye drops.

As for the refresh pm i'm going to have to mention it to him...earlier they said that no such drops existed...hmmm...
polskadan

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 pm

You may want to review our Lasik Dry Eye Treatment article. We list most major artificial tear and gel lubricants with their active ingredients.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It