dark circles under eyes

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

dark circles under eyes

Postby Borderline » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:43 pm

I saw someone mention bags under their eyes in a pervious post.

I am almost two weeks post op and I also have dark circles under my eyes. I am 25 years old and have never experienced this before. I assumed it was due to the surgery and would soon go away. Is this a symptom of dry eye, or is it from the surgery? I haven't read any information that talked about this being a side effect. If anyone has had this problem after surgery, or knows how to reduce it, I would love to hear about it.
Borderline

Postby WeepingWest » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 pm

I too have the dark circles. I also had the surgery about two weeks ago. Curious to see what info you fnd out.
WeepingWest

Postby Borderline » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:17 am

I've been thinking about the dark circles and the source. It dawned on me that it may be happening because of the pressure I put on the skin under my eyes when I use drops. I've never thought about being gentle there. I'm always paranoid/concerned that I am going to poke my eye. I usually just pull the skin down to do my drops. I'm wondering if this could be disrupting the bloodflow.
Borderline

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:34 am

Dark rings under the eyes after Lasik are probably caused my many things, including bruising during surgery, manipulation after surgery, dry eye, reaction to the meds, heightened sensitivity, even lack of sleep.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It