EpiLasik -10 days one good eye one bad!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

EpiLasik -10 days one good eye one bad!

Postby ddaneshgar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:23 pm

I had the Epi Lazik procedure 10 days ago.. I started the first day where my right eye was strong and left eye weak... Then the third day it switched left eye stronger then the right... Now 10 days later my left eye is very strong but my right eye is very blurry and foggy. I mean it feels like the actual vision in the right eye is not much better than day 1.. Is this normal.. I have read that it is possibly that one eye has just healed faster than the other and the other is in the last stages.. What is going on? Thanks alot

David
ddaneshgar

Re: EpiLasik -10 days one good eye one bad!

Postby JPD » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 am

ddaneshgar wrote:I had the Epi Lazik procedure 10 days ago.. I started the first day where my right eye was strong and left eye weak... Then the third day it switched left eye stronger then the right... Now 10 days later my left eye is very strong but my right eye is very blurry and foggy. I mean it feels like the actual vision in the right eye is not much better than day 1.. Is this normal.. I have read that it is possibly that one eye has just healed faster than the other and the other is in the last stages.. What is going on? Thanks alot

David

At this early stage I wouldn't think that's abnormal. Keep your doctor informed of your condition.
JPD

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:22 am

Epi-Lasik has an unusual and often unpredictable early recovery.

During Epi-Lasik the soft pliable outermost layer of corneal cells (epithelium) is lifted, set aside, laser energy is applied to the cornea, and then the epithelium flap is repositioned over the treatment area. This process mortally wounds all epithelial cells, but not immediately. Some will stay viable longer than others.

You absolutely need to notify your doctor of your difficulties, but do not be surprised if after examination you are told that this is normal.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It