5 week update

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

5 week update

Postby berkeley1974 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi all--
I posted a few complaining comments since I had all laser LASIK 5 weeks ago and now I want to post a positive update. Prior to 2 Fridays ago my eyes were really dry, I was putting in drops at least 4 times an hour, and my vision was blurry up close, plus I'd get headaches after staring at the computer screen all day. I told my surgeon and he saw me 2 Fridays ago. I could still read 20/15 off the eye chart so that was never the problem (I was blind as a bat without my glasses before the procedure). He put in punctal plugs and BAM--almost immediately my eyes started to feel better and I noticed a wetness in my eyes that I had not felt since the surgery. Since then my eyes no longer feel dry (he told me I may had been using the drops TOO frequently) and now I put them in only a few times a day, and sometimes I don't need them for most of the day. The blurriness has cleared up and my distance is still good. The halos at night are still there but seem to be shrinking and I can now drive at night.
So all in all I am VERY pleased with my outcome at 5.5 weeks, whereas at 4 weeks I was unhappy. So I would advise patience to those who are frustated (as has been advised many times on this board)--easier said than done while your eyes are bothering you, I know. . .
berkeley1974

Postby WeepingWest » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Thank you for the update and to let us know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
WeepingWest

Postby firemom » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:42 pm

Your comment makes me feel a little better. I'll be 4 weeks out on 08-09-07. My problem is I was blind as a bat in my R eye prior to surgery. Afterward's I was 20/25 for about 2 weeks then dropped to 20/40. Since I really wanted out of glasses for distance I was really beginning to get worried.
firemom

Return to Just Had It