4 weeks out, day after 20/25 both, today 20/30 and 20/40?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

4 weeks out, day after 20/25 both, today 20/30 and 20/40?

Postby firemom » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 pm

Day after both eyes 20/25, very pleased. Two weeks out right eye at 20/40, left at 20/25, four weeks out today and left is 20/30, and righ 20/40. They are offering to do a correction on both next month. Has anyone had this done or happen. I ask if there was a chance it would correct itself and was told only about a 10% chance, not much. I'm kinda scared to do it again. Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.
firemom

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:48 am

If you can see well when you are refracted (which is better, one or two?), then teh problem is probably limited to refractive error.

What to expect depends greatly upon your prescription when you started. If you were hyperopic (farsighted) or if you had high astigmatism (more than about 2.00 diopters) then regression of effect would be expected. It is not likely that refractive error would improve if you started with very poor vision - assuming that the problem is only refractive error.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby firemom » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:29 pm

In refractive error, is this saying that allowing them to do an enhancement after two month's may correct the vision?
firemom

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Whether or not Lasik enhancement surgery will correct your vision problems and if two months postop is the right time depends upon many factors, but changing refractive error is precisely what Lasik is designed to do. If you can see well with lenses, then that will be the target for Lasik enhancement.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby firemom » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm

I know he said that the reason I could see better in the right eye if I looked to the side and squinted a little was because I was correcting the astigmastism. If this is the case will enhancement or refractive work. When checks my eyes using his things which is better one or two it gets better?
firemom

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Astigmatism is refractive error, just like hyperopia. Lasik is designed to correct astigmatism too.

The fact that you can see well with the lenses (which is better, one or two) is a strong indication that your problem relates only to residual refractive error (including astigmatism) and Lasik enhancement surgery may resolve your vision difficulties.

You and your doctor will have a better understanding of the best next response at 2-3 month postop.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Ol Blue Eyes » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 pm

Dear Firemom;

I was also 20/20 the next day then regressed to 20/40 in one eye and 20/60 in the other - I am getting glasses to let me drive safely but I may do the enhancement if it does not improve past 5 months of healing. Glasses help because when I borrowed my sisters I could suddenly see clearly at night and there were not halos etc. It may improve as it heals but at the very least I used to be -7.25 in my eyes now I am -1.25 so there is a vast difference.

Kathy
Ol Blue Eyes

Return to Just Had It