Black shadows on edges of eyes - eyelashes?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Black shadows on edges of eyes - eyelashes?

Postby Ol Blue Eyes » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:02 pm

Has anyone had this? After my surgery if I look to the corner of my eyes I see black triangle dark shadows - I assume I am somehow seeing my eyelashes and that is what it is but it never happened before.

I also seem, to not see clearly in periferal vision - if I look down and to the left it is not clear.

Let me know.

Blue
Ol Blue Eyes

Postby music » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:40 am

I have had the phantom dark spots in my peripheral vision area, also. I assumed it was lashes, too. I kept thinking I was seeing hummingbirds flying by the kitchen window at breakfast. My husband thought I was crazy, I kept turning my head to look at the window and realizing that nothing was there but my lashes or whatever is causing the dark spots. My side vision stinks, too. You're not alone. I don't know what would cause this. My surgeon doesn't have time for questions after he collected my $$$$, so if you find some kind doctor who treats people like humans and offers you an answer, post the answer. I'd love to know where my hummingbirds are coming from.
music

Postby firemom » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:11 pm

I also see what I feel or guess are eyelashes, however I have different problem. In my right eye if I look to the right everything is clear, its streight ahead thats not. I will be 8 weeks out on Sep 13th, and I think they want to do an enhancement. I'm 20/35 in left and 20/40 in right. But prior to surgery I was 20/50 left and 20/400 in right. So although I can not say I'm happy, its much better than it was.
firemom

Re: Black shadows on edges of eyes - eyelashes?

Postby bathory313 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:40 pm

Ol Blue Eyes wrote:Has anyone had this? After my surgery if I look to the corner of my eyes I see black triangle dark shadows - I assume I am somehow seeing my eyelashes and that is what it is but it never happened before.

I also seem, to not see clearly in periferal vision - if I look down and to the left it is not clear.

Let me know.

Blue

Yup, my eyelashes were so gunky for about two weeks after surgery that I was seeing those black triangles, too. I got the go-ahead from my doc after two weeks to gently cleanse the lids with a baby shampoo solution~in a downwards motion only.......and GENTLY. It took about a week of doing this before they were finally completely clean, and the triangles disappeared.

I was having the same experience with the peripheral vision; it was very blurred. At almost 2 months post-op though.......that seems to have resolved.
bathory313

Return to Just Had It