A Bit of Good News

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

A Bit of Good News

Postby music » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:48 pm

I was able to see my surgeon today, and it was a relief to finally get to have him see my eyes and figure-out what was going haywire with them. He found mucus discharge and I think inflamation, also. And that I wasn't able to produce any tears. He presribed a steroid/antibiotic drop combo, and Restasis for the dry-eye. He was very nice, and it just felt so much better to have the actual doctor who I had picked check things out, rather than talking to technicians on the phone.
My eyes already feel and look much better after just one dose today. They aren't in pain like they were for the past month, and the redness is going down. They actually have a wet appearance on the surface that has been absent the past month, also.
He said that it is much too early to talk about enhancement, and that he feels clearing-up the medical problems with the eyes will probably help the vision get better, too. Hopefully this info will help anyone out there who is wondering "Why are things not getting better with my vision?". It might be a problem that needs to be looked at, or delayed healing.
I don't know what will happen vision-wise yet, but am so glad to have the pain alleviated!
music

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:01 am

This sounds great. The stress of not knowing was clearly getting to you and making the whole situation worse. The doctor is absolutely correct that the other issues need to be resolved before seriously considering enhancement surgery. Keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby music » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:25 am

Thanks, Glenn. This is music's husband writing. She has had such a tough time this past month, and now it doesn't seem to be getting better, but worse. The right eye, corrected for distance, has regressed so that it sees only blurred shapes and colors. The left is not much better. The upper eye lids appear to be darkening to a slightly purple hue, and the eye strain feeling she's had since the begining has not eased at all. Any relief she felt she was getting from the Zylet and Restasis has disappeared. We have an appointment with an opthalmologist later next week, and we'll call her lasik sugeon's office tomorrow. Does anyone know what's going on here?
music

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:47 am

I'm sure the second opinion doctor will check for potential allergic reactions to the medications as well as the health of her eyes and healing of her corneas. This could be a very serious dry eye problem that may be cascading into other areas. Zylet is both a steroid (anti-inflammatory) and anti-bacterial to fight infection. The doctor may have selected this particular medication because of an infection concern.

Since her vision and condition has deteriorated since initially starting the new medication regimen, it seems appropriate to visit the surgeon in the short-term, preferably this week.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby music » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:35 am

Thank you, Glenn, for your quick reply, and the info.
music

Return to Just Had It