one good, one bad

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

one good, one bad

Postby captainonion » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:02 am

hello, i had lasik done 1 week ago. everything was good no swelling no pain or anything like that, so here is my problem.
when i am looking through both eyes everything is great, clear crisp etc. when i cover my right eye and am just looking thru my left, once again its crisp clear. but when i cover my left and look thru just my right it is not as crisp or clear, a little fuzzy. so what i am saying is that one eye is not as crisp as the other. my one week post visit the doc said that all eyes heal differently and that my eyes need time to heal.
has anyone had this problem or is this normal am i too impatient and should i wait or ????? any info would be great. thanks!!!!!
captainonion

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:40 am

This is very normal. It is almost abnormal if both eyes heal exactly the same.

Follow your doctor's instructions, keep the preservative-free artifical tears flowing, expect a bit of fluctuation over the next few days/weeks, and this will undoubtedly resolve with healing.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby captainonion » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:33 pm

thanks for the quick reply, your post has set me at ease for now!!!!! still wondering if there is anyone out there with the same problems currently or had the same problems after lasik. thanx once again
captainonion

Postby sere1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 pm

After I had my surgery in April 2007, my right eye was fantastic pretty much right away, and my left was pretty good--but noticeably fuzzy at long distance for the first few weeks. My post-op doc said I had a bit more swelling in my left eye (edema) and within a month my left eye had "caught up" to my right eye. They're both 20/20 now (although my left does have a bit more problem in low-light environments--I think I missed 1 on the 20/20 line).
There are some other posts in other threads that often mention different eyes having different problems--at least your left eye is taking over! Give it some time; your right eye will probably come around.
sere1

Postby firemom » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:09 pm

Had my surgery on July 12, next morning I was 20/25 in both eyes. This was great for me. I was a blind as a bat. 2 weeks out I dropped off to 20/25 and 20/40, at my 4 week check up I was still the same. But due to my rx I was aware there could be some enhancements needed. They have actually sch this for Sep 13, to be honest, even though the right is not as good as the left I am legal to drive and still see well up close. I'm almost aftaid to have a second surgery for fear that something may go wrong this time and I may loose what I still consider to be wonderful even though Its not the vision I had the first two weeks. But they are correct the vision will kinda bounce around during the healing. My dr told me not to be covering one eye to see what the other was doing said that was not what my eyes were ment to do. If there is anyone who has had an enhancement, your comments would be appreciated
firemom

Postby firemom » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:10 pm

Had my surgery on July 12, next morning I was 20/25 in both eyes. This was great for me. I was a blind as a bat. 2 weeks out I dropped off to 20/25 and 20/40, at my 4 week check up I was still the same. But due to my rx I was aware there could be some enhancements needed. They have actually sch this for Sep 13, to be honest, even though the right is not as good as the left I am legal to drive and still see well up close. I'm almost aftaid to have a second surgery for fear that something may go wrong this time and I may loose what I still consider to be wonderful even though Its not the vision I had the first two weeks. But they are correct the vision will kinda bounce around during the healing. My dr told me not to be covering one eye to see what the other was doing said that was not what my eyes were ment to do. If there is anyone who has had an enhancement, your comments would be appreciated
firemom

Postby captainonion » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:24 pm

thanx for all the great info.!!
captainonion

Postby captainonion » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:27 pm

why is PRK more common for an enhancement over lasik
???
captainonion

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:25 pm

The process of lifting the Lasik flap can cause epithelial ingrowth, plus surface ablation can realize the positive effects of a slightly more nuanced laser ablation.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Lost in Translation....

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:28 am

....plus surface ablation can realize the positive effects of a slightly more nuanced laser ablation.
Realize the positive effects? Nuanced laser ablation?

Laymans terms please.......can you elaborate.... It looks like I might need about 0.25 to 0.50 in one eye so I am interested in this comment .
Mr.UnPerfect

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:16 pm

The laser removes tissue to reshape the cornea at the surface of the cornea with PRK, LASEK, and Epi-Lasik. Lasik and All-Laser Lasik reshape the cornea and then place a 100-160 micron thick flap of corneal tissue on top.

Even small nuanced changes in the corneal reshaping are likely to be muted by the Lasik flap on top, whereas these small changes are not as muted with PRK, LASEK, or Epi-Lasik. Several studies have shown that the results of a surface ablation are equal to or slightly better than Lasik or All-Laser Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby captainonion » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:46 am

still in the same boat and almost a month post lasik, i go monday for my post op so i will find out more...
what is a refraction and should i ask the doc for one or???????
captainonion

Postby captainonion » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:15 am

any advice on what to ask the doc about let me know!
captainonion

Postby captainonion » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:09 pm

hi everyone,is corneal trauma included?
captainonion

Firemom

Postby Judy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Firemom, did you have your enhancement surgery? If so, how did it go and how are you doing? Thanks
Judy

Return to Just Had It