Extreme sensitivity to light

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Extreme sensitivity to light

Postby KWebb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:17 pm

I am 12 weeks out from my Wavefront Lasik procedure (in one eye only)and am having a terrible time with light sensitivity, both outdoors and flourescent lighting. I am finding I have to wear two pairs of sunglasses while driving (which I am sure must look pretty odd!) I had my 12 wk exam and mentioned this to my doctor, and he was pretty unsympathetic, and told me to invest in a good pair of sunglasses. He also mentioned my light complexion was a factor in the light sensivity. I had sensitive eyes before, but never to this extent. I am using artificial tears and also Zaditor drops.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Can I expect this to improve over time, and is there anything else I can try to help this problem?
KWebb

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:05 pm

Did you have conventional Lasik or All-Laser Lasik wherein the Lasik flap was created with a femtosecond laser?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby KWebb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:09 pm

I am not sure...all I know is it was called "wavefront" and is supposed to be the latest technology.
KWebb

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:25 pm

Wavefront is the mapping system for applying the laser energy that reshapes the corena. It has nothing to do with how the Lasik flap was made.

In the first surgical step of the process, was a smallish mechanical device affixed to your eye with suction (vision would have gone to black), or did a large machine apply pressure to the eye (go to black)?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby KWebb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:07 pm

I believe it was a small device that applied suction.
KWebb

Return to Just Had It