My experience - 4 weeks out

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

My experience - 4 weeks out

Postby floatanddry » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:12 pm

Hello,

I thought I'd post my experience 4 weeks out and look for one specific recommendation. I had Wavefront Lasik on 7/27 correcting -5.75, and -4.75. The procedure was smooth - a flap adjustment was done the following day because of some micro straie. The vision in my left eye is very crisp, with the right eye currently being a little blurrier - the right seems to be changing pretty frequently during the day.

About 8 days after the procedure I noticed floaters - I've had some floaters previously but these were more pronounced. Got a full retinal exam, and everything checked out okay. If anyone has any advice (dietary, spirtual) on dealing with the floaters I would appreciate it. They are driving me nuts when using the computer. They are fine outside with sunglasses, but without, blah.

My doc also said I had some dry eye. I mentioned halos/starbusts at night to him during my 1 week follow-up, and he believes that is the contributing factor. I had plugs in that dissolved after a couple of weeks and seemed to help. The halos and starbusts seem less pronunced, but the dry eye is still there and am using tears pretty religiously.

I hope to continue to make good progress, and will update again. Any advice on dealing with the floaters would be really appreciated...
Last edited by floatanddry on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floatanddry

Postby PaulPats » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:32 am

I had the same problem as you when it came to floaters. As time has progressed (7 months since the surgery for me), the problem has minimalized to where I don't even recognize them anymore. Time was the answer for me. Hope you have the same result!

-Paul
PaulPats

Return to Just Had It