Red laser light

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Red laser light

Postby arya6000 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Hello
I had prk on Friday.During the surgery there were two lights, one red one green.They were big and blurry ,I was looking some where in the red light during the surgery.Now It's Sunday and I have a little blurry vision. Is it possible that I was looking at the wrong spot on the light?Or would the mashine not preform the surguryif I was looking at the wrong spot?
arya6000

Re: Red laser light

Postby JPD » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:19 am

You're fine. Depending on what machine was used, either the eye tracker would have followed your eye movement, or the machine would have stopped altogether if your eye moved out of range.

You're supposed to have blurry vision two days after PRK.
JPD

Postby cecil519 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:52 pm

Expect your vision to be blurry for a few days after surgery. I had PRK 11 days ago. On the 4th day after surgery, I was able to drive, although my vision was still quite blurry, but I had to go back to work. I was able to drive okay to work and back (24 miles one way) in Washington DC traffic. As long as I'm very familiar with where I'm going and didn't have to look for signs, I felt confident. Around the 5th to 6th day after surgery, my vision seemed pretty good. I was able to see the clock in the bedroom, whereas before correction, there was no way I could tell the time from the same clock without glasses or contact lenses. Working on the computer is still somewhat of a challenge. I can read the letters, but still about 5% blurry, compared to about 60% when I came back to work. I heard that I may have to wear reading glasses in the interim while working on the computer, but I have my 2nd post-op appointment on Friday and then I can ask the doc what he recommends I do about working on the computer. Your vision will get progressively better in the next few days. It's exciting! :D
cecil519

Postby arya6000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 pm

thanks for replying

2 more questions

1. Is it bad to go on the computer this early does it hurt the eye or slow the healing process?

2. I get very bored during days and I can't watch TV or go on the computer, Is it safe to go out in a sunny day? how many hours in the sun are safe?
arya6000

Return to Just Had It