3 week check up

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

3 week check up

Postby golfingirl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:27 pm

I had another check up with my eye doc today after suffering from dry eye.

I had temporary punctal plugs put in 10 days a go with very little improvement from them. I was also started on restasis which hasn't kicked in yet. My doc gave me the option of having permanent punctal plugs in, but since the temps didn't seem to help, I thought i'd wait until my appointment next month to readdress this treatment. I'm also taking flax seed oil and vit C.

My doc thinks my eyes are still quite dry and I still have subsequent blurriness which is not correctable by lenses.

On the plus side, my eyes feel much less scratchy and I can go more than 10 min without my drops. Also, my vision is improving ever so slightly. I feel comfortable driving although i still can't read most of the signs. ( I am legal to drive according to my eye doc).

Does that mean I have 20/40 vision? He asked if I could read the top line. I said 'yes, but it was still fuzzy.' He said that's fine and I am legal to drive even though I'm used to crisp vision and I won't be as comfortable driving.

Anyone have similar experiences? Did your vision improve as the dry eye resolved?

Laura
golfingirl

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:32 pm

Your vision quality will undoubtedly improve as the dry eyes resolve.

Long-term punctal plugs (they can be removed and are not really permanent) may be an appropriate option later in your healing process. Although the temporary plugs are not working now, that may be because your tearing system is too compromised at the moment. You may find that punctal plugs are more helpful as the Restasis kicks in and healing continues.

Be sure your artificial tears are preservative-free.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby golfingirl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks Glenn. That makes me feel like I've made the right choice. I hope the Restasis starts to work soon so I can get this dry eye/blurriness dealt with. I'm certainly encouraged by the improvement of my vision already. While my vision seems to wax & wane, I am optimistic it will continue to improve. I will reconsider the punctal plugs after the restasis has kicked in.

Cheers,
Laura
golfingirl

Return to Just Had It