Lasik yesterday...amazing!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Lasik yesterday...amazing!

Postby greeneyes » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:59 pm

:lol:

One word...AMAZING!
I thought I would share some of my experience, so that those of you who were like me (scared to death) may have a little peace of mind. Before surgery I was -5.75 in right eye and -5.5 in left with very little astigmatism. My corneas were 509 and 514. I also have large pupils, but I can't remember that measurement. I had the custom wavefront on the VISX machine. Today...less than 24 hours post op I am seeing 20/15. I am so excited that I could just cry.

The sugery itself was pretty easy, with no real pain, only pressure. It was over in 10 minutes. When I got up from the table, it was pretty blury, but I could already see better. I went home and tried to sleep but I couldn't so I just laid there for 4 hours with my eyes closed (boring). I never had any burning, itching or watering in my eyes. I guess I am extremely lucky.

I must say that this message board has been a great help to me. I was so terrified to have this done and looking back on it, it was so easy. I just wanted to share a good story becuase I was trying to find them myself. It is easy to get caught up in all of the bad stuff, so much that I almost backed out. That is not to say that those things aren't real, but I am glad that it didn't stop me. My advice would be to do your research and choose a good doctor... I am so glad that I did!
greeneyes

Postby golfingirl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Congratulations on your wonderful result. I hope you heal with ease. Keep us posted on your recovery.

It's great to hear the good stories.
golfingirl

Re: Lasik yesterday...amazing!

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:27 pm

greeneyes wrote:My advice would be to do your research and choose a good doctor... I am so glad that I did!

Good advice! A couple of tools for finding a good doctor are our 50 Tough Questions For Your Lasik Doctoror choosing a Lasik doctor certified by our organization.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby greeneyes » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:02 pm

Just wanted to update you on my one week post op appointment. I am still seeing 20/15 with both eyes! I have been having some irritation in my right eye, which the doctor said is due to dryness and allergies. I am just using the eye drops constantly to help the problem. All in all I couldn't be happier! This has been a great experience.
greeneyes

Postby MWJ » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Congratulations!
MWJ

Return to Just Had It