Update on 8/17 surgery

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Update on 8/17 surgery

Postby angivan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:47 am

Well, when I wrote last week my vision was very hazy and my doctor said I was undercorrected. The good news is that the haze had lessened. Still there, but much less cloudy - my vision is brighter. I am definitely undercorrected, though, and it was terrifying to drive. So I ordered some new glasses that I'm only wearing while driving. They are a -3 on the left (the monovision undercorrected eye) and a -1 on the right (my distance eye).

My main problem is eye strain...any idea how long it will take for my eyes to adjust to the monovision? Hard to get through the workday without needing to close my eyes for a few minutes at a time. If this continues, at what point should I determine that it's not working and go for full correction, since they're going to do the enhancement in November anyway?
angivan

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:32 am

The problem is that you are really not getting a fair opinion of monovision because you are undercorrected about 1.00 diopter in each eye. The -3.00 eye is much more than wuold normally be recommended for monovision. You are likely to get too much eye strain in a normal day, but your near vision should be pretty good.

You may want to discuss with your doctor if soft contact lenses that correct 1.00 diopter would be appropriate. This would give you a much more accurate monovision experience. You could even do it with glasses that correct 1.00 diopter in both eyes, but contact would probably be best if they are considered appropriate.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It