An Update for my Lasik Experience

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

An Update for my Lasik Experience

Postby music » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm past the 6 week point after my Lasik. I'm on Zylet and Restasis for dry-eye for an undetermined amount of time. Both eyes regressed and will need to be enhanced in a few months. My RX for glasses is 125 and 150 for distance correction. My eyes still hurt constantly. There are huge bags underneath, dark circles, and purple all around the eyelids. The eyes look like those of someone 20 years older than I am. I was given a year's medical leave without pay from my job so that I wouldn't lose my position there. My vision problems and the dry-eye issue made my going back to work impossible. I have been very depressed about how this has all turned out.
Glenn, any words of encouragement for someone who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel?
music

another Texan..........5 months post op

Postby Mr.UnPerfect » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi Music, , I had Blended Monovision (blended vision f.y.i. is not as radical as mono) done also. I am 55 and it seems to be okay. Some parts are very good (like looking at people at a talking distance, computer, television, grocery store are all good vision and improving. However in a big store or in a church or driving at night I still have difficulty seeing as I was used to. I recently went to a Target where they have a vision screening ( the free little machine) and he said my near and far were 20/20....one of the problems I am having is called contrast sensitivity. The other is dept perception caused by having binocular vision all my life and now having mono(blended) vision. Thrust upon me. I never did like change much, and this is a big one.
I have researched, researched, and researched and everyone is a little different. I have read some good docs say that it may take up to and over a year for some things to resolve. Contrast sensitivity, brain adaptation, expectations, dry eye, to name a few. Again this is not the case for everyone, but not unusual. Age, procedure, doctor skills, over all health, nutrition, and time all play a factor and are woven together to determine the overall outcome. All that said, I realize your problems may not resolve with just time. However this is were the EXPERTS have to determine what can be changed and what to leave alone. I know of the Top Doctor in Texas and many say the World. I went to probably the second best in Texas. And I do understand saying the "best Eye surgeon" is like saying who is the best musician. What instrument, style or country would give a different answer. Where in the Republic of TEXAS are you? If you want more information give me you email and I will call you for the details if you are open. You may be in good hands already, but I felt compelled to offer.. I am not a LASIK expert....but act like one sometimes....Ha Ha..
Bob K.

If I had known I was going to live this long I would taken better care of my body "and ate more CARROT"S..
Mr.UnPerfect

Postby music » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:43 am

I tried your private messenger, but it (or maybe all ) was disabled. I don't live in Houston, a bit further north in Texas. My doctor is supposed to be one of the top Lasik surgeons in this area, so I'll continue with him, but it would be very interesting to know who is supposed to be the top doc in Texas. I'm sure they must be in Houston, right? I can't believe that dry-eye would be an issue in Houston, BTW!
I'll try the private messenger thing again later.
music

Return to Just Had It