Hyperopic wavefront correction was overcorrected

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Re: Hyperopic wavefront correction was overcorrected

Postby croanster » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 pm

batista wrote:Hi,
The surgical reduction of hyperopia is an evasive but worthy pursuit since hyperopia affects both distance vision and near vision and is compounded by presbyopia at a time when patients are in the prime of their vocational and personal life. A wide spectrum of refractive surgeries has been applied over the years in the relentless pursuit of hyperopia correction.

lol is this a fancy way of saying jump right in if you like the thought of being a guinea pig?

Anything over 4 dioptres is too much especially if your pupils are on the large side.
croanster

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 pm

croanster wrote:lol is this a fancy way of saying jump right in if you like the thought of being a guinea pig?

My take on the statement is that hyperopes, especially presbyopic hyperopes, have such poor vision quality at all distances that the potential benefits of refractive surgery are significantly greater than for a myope. For a myope (nearsighted, shortsighted) patient, Lasik offers the convenience of a reduced need for corrective lenses. For a hyperope (farsighted, longsighted) patient who is also presbyopic (over around age 40), Lasik offers an increase in vision quality.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby isa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 pm

hi batista
are u hyperopic and have u done lasik?
isa

Postby croanster » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't think batista is around anymore.

I was though and I did. I've read your posts and your script and I think you should consider waiting to see what the next round of technology brings (maybe 10 years) Your script is pretty high and puts you at greater rish of unwanted complications such as double vision, ghosting and starbursts etc.
croanster

Postby lex » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

croanster,
i have read you had an enhancement, please, if you are still active could you post about your recovery from enhancement? i had similar script and similar issues, i would be very interested in knowing about the resolution of your problems. i really hope you are better and if you are still around, please, give us some updates.
lex
lex

Previous

Return to Just Had It