Good vision...a little blurry??

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Good vision...a little blurry??

Postby greeneyes » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:17 pm

I had custom Lasik one week ago and things are going great. I had 20/15 the day after my surgery and everything was crisp. Now, I am having some blurriness especially in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I can see, it just isn't as sharp. My question is, is this due to dryness. I was told that my eyes would be dry especially a couple of weeks after. It seems to really clear up for about a minute after I put in drops and then it gets a little blurry again. Is this something that will get better with time. I know that I am really early in the healing process, I just want to know if that crisp vision that I experienced day one will come back. I know that I am +1 and +.5 after Lasik, so I was a little over corrected. Alos, my blurriness is just with my distance vision. My close up it great and I have no problems reading the computer or working.
greeneyes

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:19 pm

It sounds like temporary Lasik induced dry eyes, which is very common in the early healing stages. You may want to read our article about Lasik dry eye treatment and consider asking your doctor about using a nighttime lubricating gel.

It does not seem likely that your current prescription is +1.00 and you are able to see near but not as well distant. A plus sign before the numbers indicates hyperopia (farsighted, longsighted) vision. I suspect that your prescription is actually -1.00 and you are just a little bit myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted). This may be best if you are over age 40 and presbyopic (needed bifocals or reading glasses).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby croanster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:54 am

From what i have read, if you were +1 and +.5 the day after surgery and now a week later your distance vision is a little off, as Glen says i think you might have regressed back to slightly shortsighted. What was your script before surgery? My 'good' eye is about -.75 currently and my distance vision is a little fuzzy as well.

Very early though. Keep whacking in the drops because the drier they are, the blurier they are!!
croanster

Postby greeneyes » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:35 am

Unless the doctor told me incorrectly, my prescription the day after was in fact +.5 and +1. However, my vision has improved. In my earlier post, I should have said that I was mostly having an issue with my right eye (+1). I can see great with both, but if I just look out of my right eye, things are really blurry. I almost wonder if I have an induced astigmatism. I never had one, so I don't know what it is like. I think most of my problem was due to dry eye. I am now two weeks out and can already tell a huge improvement in my dry eye. Now if I can just get the halo and starbursts to go away, I would be almost perfect!
greeneyes

Postby mizzee » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:04 pm

Green eyes how is your night vision? I'm feeling the same as you. with my surgery scheduled 9/27th. I am scared and am thinking about jumping boat.
I have an -9.00 in both eyes with -2.25 cyclinders and 06/013 axis
mizzee

Postby greeneyes » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:24 pm

My night vision is ok. I do still have starbursts and halos, but they do not keep me from driving. I am still hoping that they will get better as I am not even one month post op. I know exactly how you feel about being scared. I was sooooo scared and almost didn't go through with it. But, I must say it is one of the best things that I have ever done for myself. There are no guarantees, but it was well worth the risk for me. I love it.
greeneyes

Postby z06 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:40 am

Mizzee, I was -9.5 x -3.5 x 180 (about same for both eyes) and I don't regret it at all. I can see a blurry 20/20 on good days, but 20/30 to 20/40 seems to be the norm for now. I've set my expectation for at least a 3-month wait for my vision to get to 20/20. That said, I'm able to function fine with my fluctuating vision.
z06

Return to Just Had It