PLEASE HELP! Are my eyes to blame for over-enhancement?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PLEASE HELP! Are my eyes to blame for over-enhancement?

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:09 am

Sheesh - I wasn't quite as nervous about my recent lasik until I read comments here. Now I wonder...

I had my lasik exactly 3 months ago. Started at -8 in both.
Day after surgery I was + .75 AND +1.25

I was told the surgery was "perfect", as it was NOT an over-correction, but that "sometimes eyes that are corrected are far as mine were will over react to the surgery and adjust even further, then regress back to where they should be. Regardless, the computer did not over-correct, but my eyes did the rest..."

Now, (from what I read here) it seems like that might not be true, but they were indeed over-corrected, maybe with expectations they would regress????

Anyway - today's apt showed they have not regressed, but in fact one eye got even more farsighted, to + 1.25 like the other.

Otherwise, aside from dryness, I have no problems with blur, cloudy, halo etc = very healthy.

My plan is to enhance them in 6 weeks (if remain stable til then) - but this time go mono-vision. I've decide I hate (and I mean HATE) these reading glasses.

By the way - I, too, am under the impression the flap heals completely after about a year.

PLEASE RESPOND - LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ON OVER CORRECTION - was it simply the doctor shooting higher expecting regression???? !!!!! THANK YOU :shock: :shock:
Marky Mark
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Re: PLEASE HELP! Are my eyes to blame for over-enhancement?

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 am

Marky Mark wrote:I had my lasik exactly 3 months ago. Started at -8 in both.
Day after surgery I was + .75 AND +1.25

I was told the surgery was "perfect", as it was NOT an over-correction, but that "sometimes eyes that are corrected are far as mine were will over react to the surgery and adjust even further, then regress back to where they should be..."


This is exactly correct. It is reasonable to expect regression of effect when you start so very myopic (nearsighted, shortsighted). Regression resolves over the normal six month healing period.

Marky Mark wrote:Anyway - today's apt showed they have not regressed, but in fact one eye got even more farsighted, to + 1.25 like the other.


This may be accurate or an artifact of the manifest refraction (which is better, one or two?).

Marky Mark wrote:Otherwise, aside from dryness, I have no problems with blur, cloudy, halo etc = very healthy.


Great that the only problem is dry eye and refractive error, but it is odd that you do not experience halos or blur if you are +1.25. You mention monovision. That would indicate that you are over 40 and presbyopic. It is very, very odd that someone who is hyperopic and presbyopic would not have vision problems.

Marky Mark wrote:My plan is to enhance them in 6 weeks (if remain stable til then) - but this time go mono-vision. I've decide I hate (and I mean HATE) these reading glasses.


Enhancement at four months postop may be fine, but don't be in a rush. You can always wait until later.

Be sure to try monovision in contact lenses before having it lasered into your eyes. You may find you hage monovision as much as you hate reading glasses. Always best to try it first.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 6:43 am
Location: California


Return to Just Had It

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests