Just have lasik 5 days ago

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just have lasik 5 days ago

Postby NNH36 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi,

I started to read this forum lately and found it very helpfull.

Here is my story that I'd like to share to every body.

I have my standard lasik on Sep 13 to correct myopie for both eyes.
OD: -2.75-0.75 x175, OS: -3.25-0.25 x 178 .

I've have some blurry and hallo the next day but the opticien said it was 20/20 in right and 18/20 in left eye. Both eyes are healing and in very good condition.

At the end of the day it's better, less irriting, better vision. Note that the reason I've lasik is I cann't stand glasses, it made it tired, heavy head after a few hours (6+). I cann't stand contact lens because it took time to put in and take off. It also made my eyes dry, awaked, not feel like relaxing.

Now back to my story, I have some dryness in the eyes escpecially during the night and when wake up in the morning, not that bad during the day .

Up to now I'm happy with the operation. I don't wear glass and see near and far, see clear tv title and computer letter. My problem seem to see under fluorescent light ??? especially light in the subway, too much hallo, and when I read newspaper in the subway it's blurred .

This morning, it more blurr. My vision is not sharp as yesterday. I think it's normal but hope it's not the trend . In the next week it'll be better.

My question for Glen is: as you are lasik expert . What is the % that your vision still good after 1,2 or 3 years ???

In my case, I'm 36, and my eyes were stable many years ago (at least 7 years). What is the chance my myopie is bach to -1. I have to wear glasses.

Thank you very much.
NNH36

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:19 pm

After the initial six-month healing period it is reasonable to expect your vision to be stable. Keep in mind that stability includes the common changes and fluctuations associated with normal vision. Your myopia was relatively low and the probability of regression back toward myopia is virtually nil, unless there is disease or a complication. About 3% of refractive surgery patients (all types of surgery, all types of patients) have some sort of unresolved complication at six months postop.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby NNH36 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:08 pm

Thank LasikExpert.

I've just have my 1 week check-up. Everything still fine, I've the same vision as last week: Right 20/20, Left 20/25 (I was wrong it wasn't 18/20). I've impressed to hear that a few people have even (or much) better than 20/20 .

The eye consultant said my eyes are very dry . I've to put "Refresh tears" every hour.

Back to my vision, it's better every day. Some day it's blurred when I woke up then it went away at lunch time. Some time I feel my eyes are tired then I close them relax, it's better .

As other, my vision is not really good during night drive. I see hallo around avery light . I can drive, I can see but I cann't look at light. Luckily, I don't have double vision .

What else to tell here.

OK, I've talked with a 3 persons who already have Lasik a while ago. They all seems said that after 2 years, they don't have 20/20 anymore.

- one said, she's around 17/20 now (after 2 years) .
- one said she's round 17/20 now (after 4 years).
- one guy said his vision is now -0.25, -0.50 .

So bassed on what I saw, their myopie are back.

I don't know I'll be better. Need to wait a few years to tell right. :)

For now, I wish to get both eyes 20/20 vision, no more hallo, no more dry eyes. too much demanding huhhhh :):):)
NNH36

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Perhaps you are attempting to convert the metric Snellen (6/6) to the US Snellen version (20/20), as your 17/20 is not quite accurate. Nonetheless, it appears that some of your friends have mild to very mild myopia. This may be due to a normal change, they were originally undercorrected, and/or regression of effect.

The point at which your friends started makes a very big difference in the probability of regression. The more myopic they were before surgery, the greater the probability of regression.

Dry eyes can cause or exacerbate the night vision problems. You may want to read our Lasik dry eye treatment article.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby NNH36 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:00 pm

Dry eyes can cause or exacerbate the night vision problems. You may want to read our Lasik dry eye treatment article.[/quote]

LasikExpert,

Thank you very much for the answer. I do learn a lot since I'm in this forum.

Yes, I tried to convert from metric, they said their vision were 85% .

I don't know if they were under corrected. Both girls have mild myopie before around -3 both eyes (30 to 40+). Their vision were 20/20 at 1st year check up.

The guy had higher myopie -7 . He's 37 now.
NNH36

Return to Just Had It