8 Weeks out Intra-Lasik Dry Eye, Plugs, Hydro Eye Vitimans?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

8 Weeks out Intra-Lasik Dry Eye, Plugs, Hydro Eye Vitimans?

Postby firemom » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:04 am

At 8 weeks out, left eye is 20/20, right eye is 20/40 no change. Dr said eyes are dry, put perm plugs in both eyes, gave me Rostasis, and Hydro-eye vitimans. Said this should help. Seems the vision in my right eye is worse now than before. This was done on Thursday Sep 13, anyone ever had this happen, or had this done. He seems to think this will improve the vision, or give him a better idea of what he needs to do. I'm having trouble understanding why vision in left eye seems worse after the plugs. Also, if they are perm plugs, how do they get them out and can they get them out? I really need some answers. Any help would be appreciated. I go back in 4 more weeks, not sure if I can take this that long.

Thanks for your help
firemom

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:45 am

Punctal plugs are normally easily removed.

If you read our article about Lasik and dry eye you will see that the three layers of the tear film require different responses in the presence of dry eye. Punctal plugs help if your problem is an aqueous deficiency, but are not necessarily helpful if your problem is a lipid deficiency.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby firemom » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:52 pm

If it is a Lipid Deficiency, how do I correct that?
firemom

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:25 pm

The article shows that one of the best methods to help a lipid deficiency is with the use of flax seed oil supplements.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It