Itching after Bandage Contact Removed - Lasek/PRK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Itching after Bandage Contact Removed - Lasek/PRK

Postby livelikeriley » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Hey everyone, just had PRK/LASEK (an Alcohol solution was used but the epithelium was removed not made into a flap) on August 19th. I was doing great and seeing almost 20/20 during the day (night was and is smeary). Today I had the bandage contact removed and my eyes feel like they took a few days back...they are more blurry now and itch LIKE HELL! Is this normal?

Thanks,
Mark.
livelikeriley

Re: Itching after Bandage Contact Removed - Lasek/PRK

Postby cecil519 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Question: you said you had the procedure done on Aug 19, and you just had the bandage contact lenses removed on Sep 25? I hope that's a typo, because that seems an awfully long time to have the bandages on.

From my personal experience, and from all the info I read about what to expect from PRK, my vision did regress during the first week. I had PRK on August 16. At my first post-op appointment when I had the bandages removed, I went from 20/400 to 20/60. I was seeing pretty good, except it was still quite blurry. Since then, I've been doing real well. I had a post-op appointment last week, and I was at 20/20 for both eyes together (although my right eye is sharper than my left, but I expect that during my next appointment, I should be at 20/20 even for individual eyes).

My healing process went remarkably well. At this point, at almost 6 weeks post-op, I have stopped using all the drops except for artificial tears. During the day, I don't even feel dry eyes, although I try to remember to instill drops anyway just to keep them lubricated and healthy. I do use Refresh PM ointment before bedtime. The only time I have dry eyes now is when I wake up in the morning and I forget to apply the ointment, and if that happens, I just use the artificial tears and I'm fine.

Hang in there, it's about to get better for you :D
cecil519

Return to Just Had It