Night Patch

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Night Patch

Postby Armand » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi all. I had a Lasik monovision procedure performed last Thursday 9/20. I was measured as 20/30 left eye, 20/20 dominant eye.

While my vision has cleared considerably, it has become obvious that my reading acuity is no longer what it was. While I can read a newspaper, restaurant menu and work with a computer monitor, my ability to see the finest detail is gone, so I purchased an inexpensive pair of reading glasses as I don't thinkmy previous acuity will return. Also, last night was my first experience driving and the halos were somewhat problematic. Hopefully this will reduce as my eyes heal, but I'll probably invest in a pair of night-time driving glasses to corrrect the left eye to 20/20.

But my current concern has to do with the instruction to use the night patch for only one week. The reason for the concern is that according to a few web sites, the patch should be used at bedtime for the first month. What is the general concensus on this forum about continuing using the patch for a few more weeks? Thanks and also, thank you for a great forum.
Armand

Postby Armand » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:38 pm

Any opinions on my post? Thanks.
Armand

Postby yawny » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:07 am

I would follow what your doctor said, but I had the surgery twice, once was an enhancement, and I only wore the goggles for a week, and believe me that was long enough. I had no trouble healing either time. It was hard to sleep with those goggles moving around, and trying to wear a patch was worse, because it kept itching.
yawny

Postby floatanddry » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:05 pm

I was anal and used goggles for a month. Mostly to avoid any unintentional impact with my partner and to remind myself not to rub my eyes in the morning which was one of my bad habits. The instructions said a week, but I am a conservative guy...
floatanddry

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:54 pm

How long greatly depends upon the healing of the eye and the person's habits. If you are a habitual eye rubber, then it would be wise to use the eyeguards for up to about a month.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Armand » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll stick with the patches for a month since by Thursday I'm half way there anyway. I'll also try to avoid getting water in my eyes and wear sunglasses outdoors for a month total also. No need to take chances.
Armand

Postby yawny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:47 am

I would continue to wear the sun glasses for longer than a month. There is some research that says exposure to strong sunlight or ultraviolet light can cause regression in your eyesight. I wear mine even on semi cloudy days if it is hazy. My eyes have always been really sensitive to light, but now are more so. It has been about four months since my enhancement surgery.
yawny

Return to Just Had It