light sensitivity

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

light sensitivity

Postby maggie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:54 am

Hi all
Am 11 days on from my lasik wavefront. Its been up and down, vision is stronger and more clear in my right eye than my left, and these past few days i've had a splitting headache most of the time, i'm not sure if this is down to my light sensitivity, which is pretty bad, even in the dull daylight, has anyone else experienced this or am i just being impatient. life is not much fun at the minute.
maggie

Postby floatanddry » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:03 pm

I had pretty bad light sensitivity the first couple of weeks. I'm hope you've seen your doctor and expressed your concerns, he should know in case it's anything more serious. Get yourself a nice pair of sunglasses (I recommend polarized) - use them whenever you need to, even inside if necessary - that's what helped me a lot. I just became 2 months out. I had major problems with florscent lights that just got started resolving in the last couple of weeks where they are now tolerable, and close to pre-Lasik annoyance.

Honestly, I was pretty worried for the first month because of light sensitivity, flucuations, and dry eye. The change in the last month has been pretty remarkable. My doctor checked my eyes fairly regularly because he knows that this can be pretty worrisome for the patient. They are still a bit dry and I'm using drops 8-10 times a day, but I think as long as you see improvement you'll see major changes in the next weeks. But, talk to your doc and express your concerns just to make sure nothing else could be going on.

Good luck.

FD
floatanddry

Postby maggie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:02 pm

thanks for that. Yeah, i rang him on saturday and told him i was very concerned about it, he said it would resolve itself more than likely during the next week and if it didn't improve to contact him again in a few days, so i'm hoping that it does. Keeping the sunnies on most of the time, even watching tv, which i find pretty hard after a few minutes anyway. Hopefully the headaches will ease to.
maggie

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Light sensitivity can occur with conventional Lasik, but this is a complication that is often associated with the femtosecond laser used for All-Laser Lasik. It is sometimes treated with steroid eye drops and does resolve, although it can take some time.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby maggie » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi all
I now have a serious headache and feel my vision isn't as strong as it was, anyone else suffered this.
maggie

Return to Just Had It