Just to share - 11 days after Lasik Surgery

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just to share - 11 days after Lasik Surgery

Postby dblchin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:29 am

Hi All,

I hope everyone here who has done eye-correction is eventually doing better, in fact recovered.

As many have mentioned, I m also having the same frustration right now. I had Lasik 11 days ago N everyday i m suffering from the same blurriness just by looking at the computer screen. I understood that it takes 3-6 mths to stabilize thus I m still struggling to keep my cool. I could neither blame the clinic for not providing enuf information nor my slow recovery. Ultimately, is solely my decision to correct my eyes.

Now my vision on far objects is seems ok but when i tried to look at the computer screen or newspaper, i get double vision. I m also losing focus at the same time. I have to work facing the screen everyday thus is a difficult task for me by losing focus all the time. Right now, i m so afraid that i exert too much force on my eyes that i might be under-correct in time to come. My up coming review will be 10-oct hopefully i'll bring gd news to everyone.

Good luck to all hopefuls here, speedy recovery n perfect vision real soon!

Cheers,
dblchin :wink:
dblchin

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:34 pm

It is common for there to be an adjustment period while your eyes "re-learn" how to change focus for the new range of vision. You may want to read our article about Lasik eye strain.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Armand » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi dblchin. I'm right with you as I'm on my 12th day (monovision).

Everyday will be different. Yesterday, I had to force myself to apply artificial tears that's how good my eyes felt and how clear my vision was. For the first time I was able to read the very fine print on a can of Lysol. Today, the opposite: drops all day long and right now it feels like I have dirty contacts on my eye balls. But it's the good days that tells me what I have to look forward in the long run so hang in there. I would do this again in an eye blink.
Armand

Postby dblchin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 am

Thanks LasikExpert, hopefully my vision will settle down in asap. I have upcoming exams to work on, thus the double & blurred vision seems to be a real distraction when I'm doing my studies. However, today my vision seems to be better?! I m uncertain but hopeful.

Armand, I m glad u hav something similar to share as well, at least now I know that I'm not facing this alone. Thanks for ur support, I m biting on the bullet n hope every bad deal will go away soon. U too have hang on, gd luck!

Cheers
dblchin

Re: Just to share - 11 days after Lasik Surgery

Postby cecil519 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:48 pm

I had PRK almost 2 months ago. I can't stop raving about it! I did experience the double vision when I worked on the computer during the first two weeks after surgery. FYI, I'm 31 years old, and they said you may have to wear reading glasses at 40. I was about to get me some reading glasses, but I decided to wait it out. As time went on, my vision progressed and the double vision went away. I don't even see halos when driving in the dark, although I did experience it very mildly only on the first week after surgery.

For the past week, I haven't felt the need to use any artificial tears anymore, although I still try to remember to instill the drops even if I don't feel dry eye, just to keep my eyes healthy. I am supposed to use nighttime lubricating ointment before bed, but sometimes I forget, and I still don't feel dry eye. I will set a reminder for myself just to keep my eyes lubricated. At my last post-op appointment, a month after surgery, I was at 20/20 for both eyes, but slightly worse for individual eyes. My right eye was sharper than my left, which was the case pre-surgery, but otherwise I'm feeling great.

Please update us with your progress. Good luck!
cecil519

updates

Postby dblchin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:16 am

Hi All,

I m sorry to tell you that I have not went for my 2nd review(10oct) as mentioned on my earlier post. I was sick throughout this entire week thus had it postpone till e 29oct.

However, I would like to update everyone that my vision is definitely clearer n better. I would like to thank every1's encouragement n support. Less double vision when i look into the computer or newspaper N the bloodshot (not mentioned before) is gone by now, this is really great.

To all who had just gone through the surgery, do not be afraid/flustered, patience is the key to perfect vision. I hope my vision still continues to improve so when the day of my review, i could hear & see 'perfect' news from the surgeon.

Cheers
:lol:
dblchin

2nd review

Postby dblchin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:26 am

Jus to update everyone that my 2nd review on 29th mon went smoothly. The opt had check my vision n was 20/20 now. They also said that my corneal flap is healed and advised that my vision will still fluctuates within these few months.

Right now I m feeling glad as everything was a success. I'm definitely seeing much clearer n my double vision is diminishing, except for some mornings.

Last but not least, to everyone who had planned to do lasik, patience is the key to better vision. Thus, be sure to give lotsa thoughts about the long healing period before going thru this surgery.
dblchin

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks for the report on your final outcome. Each person's experience is so much more valuable to others when we learn the result as well as the experience.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It